Metropolitan Community Church of Albuquerque (MCCA) is a faith community which is dedicated to welcoming all persons. We celebrate the diversity found in a congregation which includes persons from different backgrounds of race, economic class, religion, culture, ethnicity, gender, age and sexual orientation.
Members are called to an individual and collective quality of life that leads to personal, spiritual and social transformation. We seek to empower people to witness to God’s love for all creation as we follow the teachings of Jesus.
Through ministry and action we work to address the needs of others, our community, our neighbors, and our world.
MCCA is part of Metropolitan Community Churches with 200 churches worldwide. As one of the world’s emerging churches, we are proclaiming a spirituality that is liberating and sufficiently profound to address the issues of our chaotic and complicated world.
Statement of Faith
We move within the mainstream of progressive Christianity as we follow the teachings of Jesus.
When asked what was the greatest commandment in the law, Jesus replied:
‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
This is the simple declaration of what MCC believes, as stated in our By-Laws, and accepted by our General Conference:
“Christianity is the revelation of God in Jesus Christ and is the religion set forth in the scriptures. Jesus Christ is foretold in the Old Testament, presented in the New Testament, and proclaimed by the Christian Church in every age and in every land.”
What You Will Experience
- Uplifting worship
- Sermons which are relevant to today’s world and which speak of a Loving God.
- Opportunities to experience community and relationships with others on a spiritual path.
- A place where you are welcomed and where you will be challenged to grow in your faith journey.
- No “set answers” but the opportunity to ask questions, explore, and discern who God is for you!
- A community which is passionate about being a people of “The Way” – those who follow Jesus.
- A challenge to discover your spiritual gifts and find your place of ministry and purpose.
- All of us are deserving of God’s love.
- We have been called by God to create a loving and vibrant spiritual community.
- We seek to experience spiritual transformation so that we may become the whole person God has created us to be.
- The respect, love, and honor we give one another will transform us into the change we seek in the world.
- We believe that we are the hands and feet of God and we seek justice and peace in our world.
The Mission of Metropolitan Community Church of Albuquerque is to embrace, inspire, and excite each person’s spiritual journey in this faith community.
“I like the fact that MCC is willing to step up when something needs to change in the world. It takes real guts to ask these kinds of questions and let people harass and threaten you and still stand your ground about what is right.” — Martina Navratilova